Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 422
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: What can we do to improve this forum?

  1. #1
    tom
    tom is offline
    Administrator tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,652
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default What can we do to improve this forum?

    Please let us know what you think about this forum and what you would like to see here. We can add new features or contemplate new rules. Just let us know what you think and we will try to implement it.

  2. #2
    Senior Member mugaliens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    1,333

    Default Re: What can we do to improve this forum?

    We have rules? I'll keep looking! Haven't found them yet... Perhaps creating a new section entitled Forum Rules, locked to one thread entitled Rules for Posting to SpaceTime and the Universe. Might allow one additional thread, "Discussion of the Rules," but no more. Sort of keep things clean towards the top.
    My oath of office never expires. "God, who gave us life, gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson. "I have far too long suffered fools. No longer will I tolerate the insufferable. Enjoy the vacuum." - Mugs

    PS: I scrambled my password, so no, I will not be responding. Get a clue.

  3. #3
    Junior Member Sticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: What can we do to improve this forum?

    I was looking for the forum rules as well, as I would like to know which topics are banned so I can avoid them.

  4. #4
    tom
    tom is offline
    Administrator tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,652
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: What can we do to improve this forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    I was looking for the forum rules as well, as I would like to know which topics are banned so I can avoid them.

    Well, there currently arent any rules other than be courteous to other posters. There probably is some line for ultra vulgar talk but I really would like this to be a freer board and only create/enforce rules when a problem arises. Currently there has been no problems so for now at least the board will be open.

    Currently no banned topics.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Fairchance, PA
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: What can we do to improve this forum?

    Well then dear Tom, if there are no banned topics then perhaps as a suggestion, only because so many people seem to do it anyway, you might consider a section where people should place those more 'philosophical or "creative"' views. I agree with Neverfly and MisterMe that philosophical approaches should stay out of at least the top section. And sure, the Against the mainstream might suffice, but even that should need something founded on testablility. As I said, just a suggestion for that stuff that's really "out there".
    There are no great mysteries of science or faith, there is only our own ignorance and arrogance which we must overcome.

  6. #6
    Junior Member Sticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: What can we do to improve this forum?

    On BAUT we banned religion and politics because it could lead to heated arguments. We also banned 9/11 conspiracies for similar reasons

  7. #7
    tom
    tom is offline
    Administrator tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,652
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: What can we do to improve this forum?

    Yes I agree with this. I tend to move threads that are slightly misplaced. Some people dont like that. It hasnt really happened yet on this board so lets see the actual situation and react to it when there is a need. I feel that we are all adults and can take part in an online community hopefully without too many arguments. When items do occur usualy there is a straightforward solution to the individual issue rather than a blanked rule.

    Lets see how it goes. PM me with any particular complaints. Or we could discuss it more here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyraxus View Post
    Well then dear Tom, if there are no banned topics then perhaps as a suggestion, only because so many people seem to do it anyway, you might consider a section where people should place those more 'philosophical or "creative"' views. I agree with Neverfly and MisterMe that philosophical approaches should stay out of at least the top section. And sure, the Against the mainstream might suffice, but even that should need something founded on testablility. As I said, just a suggestion for that stuff that's really "out there".

  8. #8
    tom
    tom is offline
    Administrator tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,652
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: What can we do to improve this forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    On BAUT we banned religion and politics because it could lead to heated arguments. We also banned 9/11 conspiracies for similar reasons
    I have to admit that sometimes I enjoy a good heated argument ;-) as long as it doenst interfere with an otherwise productive thread.

  9. #9
    Moderator Neverfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Utopia Planetia, Mars
    Posts
    1,782

    Default Re: What can we do to improve this forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    I have to admit that sometimes I enjoy a good heated argument ;-) as long as it doenst interfere with an otherwise productive thread.
    Good.

    Because You're fat faced; piggy eyed... and you have a pimple on your nose.
    Last edited by Neverfly; 06-11-2011 at 12:37 AM.

  10. #10
    Junior Member Sticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: What can we do to improve this forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    I have to admit that sometimes I enjoy a good heated argument ;-) as long as it doenst interfere with an otherwise productive thread.
    Does that mean you allow creationism and theistic apologetics?

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •