Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Flood posting gumming up the works.

  1. #11
    Moderator Neverfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Utopia Planetia, Mars
    Posts
    1,782

    Default Re: Flood posting gumming up the works.

    Quote Originally Posted by BuleriaChk View Post
    Actually I think he just needs to take (and pass) a course in Analytic Geometry...
    There is a certain mindset to being unable to admit the possibility of error, the inability to examine oneself which also plays a role.
    John Gabriel is an intelligent person. That is complimentary. I remember John Gabriel from days gone by...
    It is not an insult to say that a person has a misunderstanding of something. If anyone thinks that Gabriel has some misconceptions and misunderstandings, we all know that my own are far, far worse, my own ignorance desperately begging for alleviation. There is no insult in admitting ignorance.
    But there is an insult to everyones intelligence to prefer delusion to understanding.
    Examine the case of Herbert Dingle, who misunderstood Relativity, taught Relativity wrong, and spoke against the validity of the theory for a great many years.
    In the end, Herbert Dingle was taught his error and admitted his error.
    Complex advanced mathematics are just that: Very Complex. This is why one cannot successfully self teach it. It requires guidance and instruction, preferably from the University level.
    Taking and passing a course is not enough; One must be willing to learn. To essentially, submit their ego to another. That does not speak of a lack of intellect...
    There is no insult, there.
    John Gabriel has a strong intellect.
    --Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges--
    “Science needs the light of free expression to flourish. It depends on the fearless questioning of authority, and the open exchange of ideas.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

    "When photons interact with electrons, they are interacting with the charge around a "bare" mass, and thus the interaction is electromagnetic, hence light. This light slows the photon down." - BuleriaChk

  2. #12
    Senior Member john_gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    I am a nomad.
    Posts
    7,362

    Default Re: Flood posting gumming up the works.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    There is a certain mindset to being unable to admit the possibility of error, the inability to examine oneself which also plays a role.
    John Gabriel is an intelligent person. That is complimentary. I remember John Gabriel from days gone by...
    It is not an insult to say that a person has a misunderstanding of something. If anyone thinks that Gabriel has some misconceptions and misunderstandings, we all know that my own are far, far worse, my own ignorance desperately begging for alleviation. There is no insult in admitting ignorance.
    But there is an insult to everyones intelligence to prefer delusion to understanding.
    Examine the case of Herbert Dingle, who misunderstood Relativity, taught Relativity wrong, and spoke against the validity of the theory for a great many years.
    In the end, Herbert Dingle was taught his error and admitted his error.
    Complex advanced mathematics are just that: Very Complex. This is why one cannot successfully self teach it. It requires guidance and instruction, preferably from the University level.
    Taking and passing a course is not enough; One must be willing to learn. To essentially, submit their ego to another. That does not speak of a lack of intellect...
    There is no insult, there.
    John Gabriel has a strong intellect.
    Here are some links which might help you understand why I reject STR. I am not a physicist, so my knowledge is not nearly as good as that of Prof. Claes Johnson who resolved D'Alembert's paradox.

    An essay on Einstein, his quotes, sayings and numerous contradictions.

    STR examined from a common sense point of view.

    One can't take Johnson lightly - he is an applied mathematician (Norway?) who resolved D'Alembert's paradox. What he writes not only makes common sense but also epistimological sense. He is not an anti-semite.

    As for me:

    It's not for a lack of trying to understand STR, that I rejected it. I have studied the field equations and I do not understand them. I don't feel too bad because no one else does. Even Einstein himself openly admitted that he does not understand. I am a mathematician whose math is second to none. Surely with my much higher than average IQ, I should have been able to make sense of STR... but no such thing.

    It is my opinion that most scientists have never understood gravity or time. I have my own theory about gravity, and while it might explain what causes gravity, I haven't worked on it except when I lie sleepless in my bed and ponder these things.

    I think Einstein was above average intelligence but he sure was no genius and did not deserve a Noble Prize. The general theory of relativity is a joke. STR is a joke.

    GPS does not require any adjustments due to "relativistic distortions".

    We need theories, but the thing about theories is that they can't be over scrutinized - especially theories in which concepts are not well defined.

    My theory on gravity:

    Motion is the sole cause of gravity. You may retort that Newton's law states an attraction even between stationary bodies. Well, those bodies are not truly stationary, as the entire universe is in motion - even to the subatomic level.

    My theory on time:

    Without motion there is no time. If the entire universe came to a complete halt also at the subatomic level, gravity would instantly cease and time would become meaningless as it was before the advent of the physical universe. Time is in fact dimensionless, but that is another topic.

    In conclusion, Einstein has done more to harm physics than all the scientists of the twentieth century combined. His theories are worthless junk. As for admitting error, one should obviously maintain an open mind and constantly question one's own theories of knowledge.

    Your reference to Herbert Dingle has no relevance in my case. I am correct and every body else who disagrees with me is wrong. This does not mean to say I haven't been wrong. On the contrary I have reexamined and reevaluated my ideas countless times and continue to do so.

    I too prefer truth in knowledge. The New Calculus grew out of a quest for new knowledge. I did not invent it. No true knowledge is ever invented, only discovered and developed (*). However, I do take credit for being the first to realise it. You can't appreciate the power, the resilience, the elegance, the beauty, the rigour and the simplicity of the New Calculus unless you study it. Its development didn't happen overnight.

    (*) The development takes place by reification of new concepts.
    Last edited by john_gabriel; 04-21-2016 at 07:13 AM.
    The more I publish the truth, the more society hates me.
    There is no sympathy for those who expose deeply flawed mainstream ideas.

    The official New Calculus site
    The 9 applet New Calculus course
    Die Neue Analysis
    新微积分

  3. #13
    Moderator Neverfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Utopia Planetia, Mars
    Posts
    1,782

    Default Re: Flood posting gumming up the works.

    One cannot take him too seriously on this topic, either.
    I quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaesJohnson
    In particular, even without initial adjustment, GPS would work fine, as far as I can understand at least.
    Claes Johnson is speculating. He doesn't really know... it just seems to him...
    But Claes Johnson is not tasked with that job. He is not entirely at fault. The facts he posted are accurate. He was misled in part by thinking the claim is that "GPS would not work if not for SR." That claim is false. Johnson is Correct. GPS would work just fine... if just a bit inaccurate. Just as Global Communication can work reasonably well without adjusting for Relativity- Which I pointed out in another thread, by the way.
    However, if you need more accuracy, then GPS will not function to the accuracy that you need unless you adjust with S.R. The same goes for Global Communication. As it is, for you and me using this internet, there are a LOT of delays. Not just from Relative speeds, either. From things like Transatlantic cables and relay stations. The delay from any effects of Relativity are very small and compared to server delays- irrelevant. But when Global Communication needs Real Time Communication and Satellite technology, then S. R. must be applied.
    Read More here.
    Quoting from the article:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State Astronomy dot edu
    More sophisticated techniques, like Differential GPS (DGPS) and Real-Time Kinematic (RTK) methods, can deliver centimeter-level positions with a few minutes of measurement. Such methods allow GPS and related satellite navigation system data to be used in precision surveying, autodrive systems, and other applications requiring greater position accuracy than achieved with standard GPS receivers.

    To achieve this level of precision, the clock ticks from the GPS satellites must be known to an accuracy of 20-30 nanoseconds. However, because the satellites are constantly moving relative to observers on the Earth, effects predicted by the Special and General theories of Relativity must be taken into account to achieve the desired 20-30 nanosecond accuracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by john_gabriel View Post
    I have studied the field equations and I do not understand them.
    And that is fine. To say you do not accept Special Relativity because you do not understand it is perfectly acceptable. That means that you are a Skeptic. And in science, this is encouraged.
    However, at that point the onus is on you to honestly try to understand it and accept teaching, rather than to just declare Einstein a fraud. In science, it is also encouraged to use Critical Thinking, observation and examination of the evidence. Which, it appears, you are failing to do. But worse than that...
    You are not being honest...
    Quote Originally Posted by john_gabriel View Post
    I don't feel too bad because no one else does.
    Clearly, this statement is false. Perhaps it makes you feel better but... A great many people understand the Theories of Relativity just fine. And they use and apply the theories in their Careers. They USE it, understand it and apply it.
    Just because you don't... doesn't mean no one does.
    Quote Originally Posted by john_gabriel View Post
    Even Einstein himself openly admitted that he does not understand.
    No, he didn't. I notice you claim that but you provided no citation or reference or quote...
    Einstein understood Relativity. So did Lorentz, and Hilbert. Einstein understood Relativity and formulated the theories as theories of Motion and Electromagnetism. He spent much of his life teaching the theories and explaining them. Your claim that he "Admitted that he did not understand Relativity" has zero basis and is complete and total nonsense.
    The rest of your post appears to be a desperate attempt to boost your own ego...

    Quote Originally Posted by john_gabriel View Post
    The general theory of relativity is a joke. STR is a joke.
    On the contrary, Relativity is very elegant and thorough. It has been vigorously tested and has been confirmed again and again. And it is still tested, tested some more and will continue to be.
    It is not skeptisim that drives you, it is Ego.
    Quote Originally Posted by john_gabriel View Post
    I am correct and every body else who disagrees with me is wrong.
    This speaks volumes.
    Quote Originally Posted by john_gabriel View Post
    I too prefer truth in knowledge.
    If that statement was true, you would examine the evidence, work on your flaws and increase your understanding. Instead, you say the words, John Gabriel... but what you do is something different.
    You sounded GOOD in this post talking about the Beauty of Theory and the Quest for the truth... but later, you will insult, deride and protect your Precious Pet Hypthosis against scientific scrutiny. You will Hound the Deceased and their families.
    You show no shame. No Honor.
    As the character from DS9 Kira Nerys said:
    Major Kira: People can find a way to justify any action, no matter how evil.
    Ziyal: You think my father is evil?
    Major Kira: I think - you can't judge people by what they think or say... only by what they do.
    Last edited by Neverfly; 04-21-2016 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Grammar and spelling
    --Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges--
    “Science needs the light of free expression to flourish. It depends on the fearless questioning of authority, and the open exchange of ideas.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

    "When photons interact with electrons, they are interacting with the charge around a "bare" mass, and thus the interaction is electromagnetic, hence light. This light slows the photon down." - BuleriaChk

  4. #14
    Moderator Neverfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Utopia Planetia, Mars
    Posts
    1,782

    Default Re: Flood posting gumming up the works.

    --Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges--
    “Science needs the light of free expression to flourish. It depends on the fearless questioning of authority, and the open exchange of ideas.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

    "When photons interact with electrons, they are interacting with the charge around a "bare" mass, and thus the interaction is electromagnetic, hence light. This light slows the photon down." - BuleriaChk

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    222

    Default Re: Flood posting gumming up the works.

    Haha i like him. He knows all that we know right. We all spam the boards at times. We can not ban a user for this as he wanted to ban his opponent. It was simply freedom of speech. You cant stop it unless u have the power to ban a person. Lol freedom of speach right, lol once we block that?? We take away everything. He's smarter than u know.) Now who was he arguing with and why, is the real question?

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    222

    Default Re: Flood posting gumming up the works.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Really u post things and dont back them up. Your name is on almost every blog. You flood the posts.?? You throw stones but u live in a glass house. Your house and universe is so fragile. Yet u dont undersand metaphors like balancing a pencil piont on a table.
    Last edited by Jason me; 12-18-2016 at 04:12 AM. Reason: SP

  7. #17
    Moderator Neverfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Utopia Planetia, Mars
    Posts
    1,782

    Default Re: Flood posting gumming up the works.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason me View Post
    Really u post things and dont back them up. Your name is on almost every blog. You flood the posts. You eant to throw stones but u live in a glass house. Your house and universe is so fragile. Yet u dont undersand metaphors like balancing a pencil piont on a table.
    Post flooding is when a person reposts the exact same post repeatedly, usually to drown out other posts.
    --Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges--
    “Science needs the light of free expression to flourish. It depends on the fearless questioning of authority, and the open exchange of ideas.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

    "When photons interact with electrons, they are interacting with the charge around a "bare" mass, and thus the interaction is electromagnetic, hence light. This light slows the photon down." - BuleriaChk

  8. #18
    Moderator grapes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NC USA
    Posts
    4,005

    Default Re: Flood posting gumming up the works.

    Resolution of D'Alembert's Paradox, blog article by Claes Johnson
    https://secretofflight.wordpress.com...rts-paradox-2/

    Quote Originally Posted by john_gabriel View Post
    Here are some links which might help you understand why I reject STR. I am not a physicist, so my knowledge is not nearly as good as that of Prof. Claes Johnson who resolved D'Alembert's paradox.

    An essay on Einstein, his quotes, sayings and numerous contradictions.

    STR examined from a common sense point of view.

    One can't take Johnson lightly - he is an applied mathematician (Norway?) who resolved D'Alembert's paradox. What he writes not only makes common sense but also epistimological sense. He is not an anti-semite.

    As for me:

    It's not for a lack of trying to understand STR, that I rejected it. I have studied the field equations and I do not understand them. I don't feel too bad because no one else does. Even Einstein himself openly admitted that he does not understand. I am a mathematician whose math is second to none. Surely with my much higher than average IQ, I should have been able to make sense of STR... but no such thing.

    It is my opinion that most scientists have never understood gravity or time. I have my own theory about gravity, and while it might explain what causes gravity, I haven't worked on it except when I lie sleepless in my bed and ponder these things.

    I think Einstein was above average intelligence but he sure was no genius and did not deserve a Noble Prize. The general theory of relativity is a joke. STR is a joke.

    GPS does not require any adjustments due to "relativistic distortions".

    We need theories, but the thing about theories is that they can't be over scrutinized - especially theories in which concepts are not well defined.

    My theory on gravity:

    Motion is the sole cause of gravity. You may retort that Newton's law states an attraction even between stationary bodies. Well, those bodies are not truly stationary, as the entire universe is in motion - even to the subatomic level.

    My theory on time:

    Without motion there is no time. If the entire universe came to a complete halt also at the subatomic level, gravity would instantly cease and time would become meaningless as it was before the advent of the physical universe. Time is in fact dimensionless, but that is another topic.

    In conclusion, Einstein has done more to harm physics than all the scientists of the twentieth century combined. His theories are worthless junk. As for admitting error, one should obviously maintain an open mind and constantly question one's own theories of knowledge.

    Your reference to Herbert Dingle has no relevance in my case. I am correct and every body else who disagrees with me is wrong. This does not mean to say I haven't been wrong. On the contrary I have reexamined and reevaluated my ideas countless times and continue to do so.

    I too prefer truth in knowledge. The New Calculus grew out of a quest for new knowledge. I did not invent it. No true knowledge is ever invented, only discovered and developed (*). However, I do take credit for being the first to realise it. You can't appreciate the power, the resilience, the elegance, the beauty, the rigour and the simplicity of the New Calculus unless you study it. Its development didn't happen overnight.

    (*) The development takes place by reification of new concepts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •