Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Neverfly

Thread: Forum reported as Phishing and Malware

  1. #1
    Moderator Neverfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Utopia Planetia, Mars
    Posts
    1,779

    Default Forum reported as Phishing and Malware

    The board has been reported to Mozilla and Google as a WebForgery/ phishing and Malware site.
    I reported it as safe... but My One Report probably won't convince them...

    In the meantime, this site has just been made anathema across the entire web.
    --Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges--
    “Science needs the light of free expression to flourish. It depends on the fearless questioning of authority, and the open exchange of ideas.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

    "When photons interact with electrons, they are interacting with the charge around a "bare" mass, and thus the interaction is electromagnetic, hence light. This light slows the photon down." - BuleriaChk

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    562

    Default Re: Forum reported as Phishing and Malware

    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    The board has been reported to Mozilla and Google as a WebForgery/ phishing and Malware site.
    I reported it as safe... but My One Report probably won't convince them...

    In the meantime, this site has just been made anathema across the entire web.
    aha that is what it was, well I sent it is safe.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: Forum reported as Phishing and Malware

    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    The board has been reported to Mozilla and Google as a WebForgery/ phishing and Malware site.
    I reported it as safe... but My One Report probably won't convince them...

    In the meantime, this site has just been made anathema across the entire web.
    You're Back! Spacetimeandtheuniverse is no longer anathema by the web. Welcome back. Not even bing wanted to allow access to the forum, just a red screen with dire warnings of what might happen if you clicked on .... continue. That was in December 2016. Today, 12 February 2017, all seems to be forgiven although Google no longer gives the top answer to questions from this forum. Perhaps in time it might, I shall keep checking. Did the forum upset the men in black I wonder. Anyway - good to see you back.

  4. #4
    Moderator Neverfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Utopia Planetia, Mars
    Posts
    1,779

    Default Re: Forum reported as Phishing and Malware

    Quote Originally Posted by spartan45 View Post
    You're Back! Spacetimeandtheuniverse is no longer anathema by the web. Welcome back. Not even bing wanted to allow access to the forum, just a red screen with dire warnings of what might happen if you clicked on .... continue. That was in December 2016. Today, 12 February 2017, all seems to be forgiven although Google no longer gives the top answer to questions from this forum. Perhaps in time it might, I shall keep checking. Did the forum upset the men in black I wonder. Anyway - good to see you back.
    Yes, I think Tom got it straightened out. I reported the site as "safe" to Google but Google did not listen. So I think a bit more was needed that the rest of us could not do.
    --Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges--
    “Science needs the light of free expression to flourish. It depends on the fearless questioning of authority, and the open exchange of ideas.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

    "When photons interact with electrons, they are interacting with the charge around a "bare" mass, and thus the interaction is electromagnetic, hence light. This light slows the photon down." - BuleriaChk

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: Forum reported as Phishing and Malware

    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Yes, I think Tom got it straightened out. I reported the site as "safe" to Google but Google did not listen. So I think a bit more was needed that the rest of us could not do.
    I'm not sure if 'spacetimeandtheuniverse' forum has been freed of the alleged blight. Google has allowed answers from this forum to be listed again, (although not quite in top place as before the alleged malware attack), but when I clicked on an answer from spacetimeanduniverse I was diverted to this link which looks like trouble: FileStore72.info - Your File Hosting So I hope this can be sorted, allowing people all over the world to enjoy the forum in safety. Thank you for providing an interesting forum.

  6. #6
    Moderator Neverfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Utopia Planetia, Mars
    Posts
    1,779

    Default Re: Forum reported as Phishing and Malware

    Quote Originally Posted by spartan45 View Post
    I'm not sure if 'spacetimeandtheuniverse' forum has been freed of the alleged blight. Google has allowed answers from this forum to be listed again, (although not quite in top place as before the alleged malware attack), but when I clicked on an answer from spacetimeanduniverse I was diverted to this link which looks like trouble: FileStore72.info - Your File Hosting So I hope this can be sorted, allowing people all over the world to enjoy the forum in safety. Thank you for providing an interesting forum.
    It is listed as A Phishing Site again and no reply from Google explaining the how or why of it.
    --Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges--
    “Science needs the light of free expression to flourish. It depends on the fearless questioning of authority, and the open exchange of ideas.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

    "When photons interact with electrons, they are interacting with the charge around a "bare" mass, and thus the interaction is electromagnetic, hence light. This light slows the photon down." - BuleriaChk

  7. #7
    Moderator Neverfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Utopia Planetia, Mars
    Posts
    1,779

    Default Re: Forum reported as Phishing and Malware

    Update: I have been searching for a clue as to what is repeatedly causing this issue. I may have found something in the Linkbacks portion of the board. I am cleaning that section now and we will see if it helps...
    David M W likes this.
    --Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges--
    “Science needs the light of free expression to flourish. It depends on the fearless questioning of authority, and the open exchange of ideas.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

    "When photons interact with electrons, they are interacting with the charge around a "bare" mass, and thus the interaction is electromagnetic, hence light. This light slows the photon down." - BuleriaChk

  8. #8
    Moderator Neverfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Utopia Planetia, Mars
    Posts
    1,779

    Default Re: Forum reported as Phishing and Malware

    Update: Site reported again.
    I've done a URL scan on the site and found a variety of issues that may be causing the non-stop reporting. For example, SSL is not enabled. The trouble is, I am not the site owner and therefor; cannot validate the site. I do not have access to the HTML of the site, nor to the permissions.
    I will try emailing Tom.
    --Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges--
    “Science needs the light of free expression to flourish. It depends on the fearless questioning of authority, and the open exchange of ideas.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

    "When photons interact with electrons, they are interacting with the charge around a "bare" mass, and thus the interaction is electromagnetic, hence light. This light slows the photon down." - BuleriaChk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •