Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: Ghosts, Machines, and the Higgs Boson

  1. #11
    Moderator Neverfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Utopia Planetia, Mars
    Posts
    1,779

    Default Re: Ghosts, Machines, and the Higgs Boson

    Quote Originally Posted by BuleriaChk View Post
    Of course my work is incomplete.
    I won't touch whether your work is comparable to the names you listed- I do see that your point is that anyone can have incomplete work and therefor make an off hand comment elsewhere because of what they've considered due to that work.
    However, my exception is in making Bold Claims.
    You teetered on the fence, but then you backed off a bit and I point that out in fairness, not derision.
    But that's where you or Hawking... would have a learning experience about making claims.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuleriaChk View Post
    So I've taken the time to write .pdf's
    Yet, the second link is confusing because of the issues I raised. You have chosen to not address what I asked because of the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by BuleriaChk View Post
    If we can't discuss STR,
    Why can't we discuss it? Is it because I admit I'm ignorant? Even well placed scientists are ignorant of Relativity. I'm confident still that I can hold my own in a discussion forum, with you, on your topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuleriaChk View Post
    how are we to discuss the Higgs equation (which involves co- and contra- variance along with color charges and the Wilson loop)? Or is that not Science?
    It is only science if it adheres to the Scientific Method.
    And for those grounds... I have concerns.
    Because the .PDF I looked over had a bit more sway to it than just minor quibbles and a few open to interpretation ideas... And the other one was just... What? I'm not trying to be insulting. Any of us can have trouble communicating something externally that is fluent within our brains. But that second link does Not Follow. I asked for clarification... and frankly I got what amounts to "Butt out."
    I'd be happy to discuss it and if it is over my head, I will say so.
    But I shouldn't have to chase you and squeeze you for answers.
    And more importantly, I will not play by your rules to agree to something first. Neither of us get to make the rules. We are both obligated to adhere only to the Scientific Method.
    --Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges--
    “Science needs the light of free expression to flourish. It depends on the fearless questioning of authority, and the open exchange of ideas.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

    "When photons interact with electrons, they are interacting with the charge around a "bare" mass, and thus the interaction is electromagnetic, hence light. This light slows the photon down." - BuleriaChk

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    2,761

    Default Re: Ghosts, Machines, and the Higgs Boson

    I did update the paper with a very basic derivation of the Relativistic Energy-Momentum equations.
    I was about to proceed further......

    There are other .pdf's on my site, and much more discussion in this forum (where I discuss the interpretation of the STR equations and introduce the concepts of co- and contra- variance explicitly. In the .pdf's, with diagrams even....

    I even explained how the Universe was created....

    So you're babbling about Science without doing any of the real work in trying to understand it where the rubber meets the road ....
    _______________________________________
    "Flamenco Chuck" Keyser
    The Relativistic Unit Circle Updates 03/02/2017 12:07 PM PST
    Proof of Fermat's Last Theorem Updates 03/19/2017 8:23 PM PST
    Ignore List -The Peanut Gallery.

  3. #13
    Moderator Neverfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Utopia Planetia, Mars
    Posts
    1,779

    Default Re: Ghosts, Machines, and the Higgs Boson

    Quote Originally Posted by BuleriaChk View Post
    So you're babbling about Science without doing any of the real work in trying to understand it where the rubber meets the road ....
    Ok, now you're just pissing me off.
    Let me show you:
    Quote Originally Posted by BuleriaChk View Post
    I even explained how the Universe was created....
    Then you're not doing Science. You're not following the Scientific Method.


    That post was nothing more than you worming out of having to do your OWN work.

    You offered to put people on ignore... You would be wise to do so. You don't me coming down on you the next time you open your mouth about Non-science and then you complain that people are "babbling about science" on a Science Board.
    --Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges--
    “Science needs the light of free expression to flourish. It depends on the fearless questioning of authority, and the open exchange of ideas.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

    "When photons interact with electrons, they are interacting with the charge around a "bare" mass, and thus the interaction is electromagnetic, hence light. This light slows the photon down." - BuleriaChk

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    2,761

    Default Re: Ghosts, Machines, and the Higgs Boson

    _______________________________________
    "Flamenco Chuck" Keyser
    The Relativistic Unit Circle Updates 03/02/2017 12:07 PM PST
    Proof of Fermat's Last Theorem Updates 03/19/2017 8:23 PM PST
    Ignore List -The Peanut Gallery.

  5. #15
    Moderator Neverfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Utopia Planetia, Mars
    Posts
    1,779

    Default Re: Ghosts, Machines, and the Higgs Boson

    You have GOT to be kidding me!
    --Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges--
    “Science needs the light of free expression to flourish. It depends on the fearless questioning of authority, and the open exchange of ideas.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

    "When photons interact with electrons, they are interacting with the charge around a "bare" mass, and thus the interaction is electromagnetic, hence light. This light slows the photon down." - BuleriaChk

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    2,761

    Default Re: Ghosts, Machines, and the Higgs Boson

    Understand it, and you might begin to understand Fermi energy, co and contra-variance and the relation between coordinate systems (Riemannian Manifolds) and tensors (vector spaces).... and the basic STR equations of mass and energy. I'm open to questions.....

    (Wiki just clarified a distinction in terminology between Fermi levels and Fermi energy. In what I've written, I am always referring to Fermi energy, unless specific referring to band theory in solid state electronics).
    Last edited by BuleriaChk; 01-09-2014 at 04:29 PM.
    _______________________________________
    "Flamenco Chuck" Keyser
    The Relativistic Unit Circle Updates 03/02/2017 12:07 PM PST
    Proof of Fermat's Last Theorem Updates 03/19/2017 8:23 PM PST
    Ignore List -The Peanut Gallery.

  7. #17
    Moderator Neverfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Utopia Planetia, Mars
    Posts
    1,779

    Default Re: Ghosts, Machines, and the Higgs Boson

    Quote Originally Posted by BuleriaChk View Post
    I'm open to questions.....
    Uhhh yeah... I have one.
    Ignoring the whole God/Jesus thing that I'm deluding myself into believing was fun humor on your part...
    And ignoring where you actually went with what I think was a suggestion about anti-matter and matter...

    How... exactly... are you applying "physics as we know it" to a point at which there was no spacetime, no Universe and most certainly no "physics as we know it?"
    --Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges--
    “Science needs the light of free expression to flourish. It depends on the fearless questioning of authority, and the open exchange of ideas.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

    "When photons interact with electrons, they are interacting with the charge around a "bare" mass, and thus the interaction is electromagnetic, hence light. This light slows the photon down." - BuleriaChk

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    2,761

    Default Re: Ghosts, Machines, and the Higgs Boson

    Physics "as WHO knows it?"

    You're like Maharishi followers bouncing up and down on cots with your eyes closed, but you'll Neverfly.....

    But you almost get the point about matter and anti-matter. Think a little further.....
    Hey, the religious suggestion was fun for me, sorry if it bothered you.

    But the equations are derived..... with which do you disagree?

    The technical concept for the "universe at a point" is called a Green's function in quantum electrodynamics .... and relates a wave description to a Dirac "impulse" function at a single coordinate point on the space axis (otherwise known to some as the origin, ignoring interactions).
    Last edited by BuleriaChk; 01-09-2014 at 03:37 PM.
    _______________________________________
    "Flamenco Chuck" Keyser
    The Relativistic Unit Circle Updates 03/02/2017 12:07 PM PST
    Proof of Fermat's Last Theorem Updates 03/19/2017 8:23 PM PST
    Ignore List -The Peanut Gallery.

  9. #19
    Moderator Neverfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Utopia Planetia, Mars
    Posts
    1,779

    Default Re: Ghosts, Machines, and the Higgs Boson

    It's like a Donkey show where one is horrified but cannot look away... scrolling down, I see you were applying flat topology to pre-big bang conditions?!

    BlueriaChk, I have an impression of you that you're a very nice guy. I could be wrong. I wish I was a nice guy, I just am not.

    But the Scientific Method is a Process. It's a process by which your hypothesis is held accountable by testing and supported by evidence.
    What you have here is not even a hypothesis. It could never be a theory... obviously. It cannot be held to the standards of Science. But it's not even a hypothesis because you cannot even propose a test for this, because it is... a complete misapplication of what you're using...
    I appreciate that you were concerned about areas in which I am ignorant. I'm sure you are a nice guy and on a nonscientific playing field we would probably get along just fine.
    But this...

    This I cannot handle.


    Hey, I'm all for a bit of Responsible Speculation about Pre-BigBang conditions. But we can only discuss that in the ATM forum, not general science where the Scientific Method is standard.
    --Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges--
    “Science needs the light of free expression to flourish. It depends on the fearless questioning of authority, and the open exchange of ideas.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

    "When photons interact with electrons, they are interacting with the charge around a "bare" mass, and thus the interaction is electromagnetic, hence light. This light slows the photon down." - BuleriaChk

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    2,761

    Default Re: Ghosts, Machines, and the Higgs Boson

    The quote makes no sense whatever, unless it is a complaint about not understanding undergraduate physics. The personal stuff is irrelevant. Also, I'm not speculating on pre-Bang conditions, since the Creation of the Universe happens "anywhere, any when" (space-time is irrelevant, although can be related by , which is interpreted as a (tensor) density).

    I have worked in science for much of my life; my degree (BA) was in mathematics and philosophy (emphasis on Logic) from UCSB in 1968, and I worked intensively in think tanks (SBRC and General Research) during the SDI period (while trying to keep my music interests alive).

    UCSB - University of California, Santa Barbara
    SBRC - Santa Barbara Research Center

    I got exposed to a lot of analysis from a lot of very good minds along the way; I worked in the research departments of both companies. I was dragged into quantum mechanics kicking and screaming against my will at SBRC, but am profoundly grateful to have been under the supervision of one of the greats in solid state physics, Dr. Tom Casselman; it was he and another associate at GRC (who had been at the Princeton Institute for Advanced Study) that introduced me to Feynman and the Many-Body problem.

    Now:

    I am trying to provide intellectual shortcuts to see if I can dispense with indices on tensors and still make the fundamental concepts reasonably clear (starting with STR) (except for my .pdf distinguishing between Ghosts and Machines..) which you can ignore if it makes you uncomfortable.

    The current Process is if you are willing to make the effort understand STR in its most simplified form (I'd be interested to see if someone can make it simpler.. ) ... STR and QFT has been verified experimentally down to 13 decimal places over more than a century, from what I read; I really do not feel I have to duplicate that effort ....

    But maybe it is true:

    "You can't handle the truth..."


    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    It's like a Donkey show where one is horrified but cannot look away... scrolling down, I see you were applying flat topology to pre-big bang conditions?!

    BlueriaChk, I have an impression of you that you're a very nice guy. I could be wrong. I wish I was a nice guy, I just am not.

    But the Scientific Method is a Process. It's a process by which your hypothesis is held accountable by testing and supported by evidence.
    What you have here is not even a hypothesis. It could never be a theory... obviously. It cannot be held to the standards of Science. But it's not even a hypothesis because you cannot even propose a test for this, because it is... a complete misapplication of what you're using...
    I appreciate that you were concerned about areas in which I am ignorant. I'm sure you are a nice guy and on a nonscientific playing field we would probably get along just fine.
    But this...

    This I cannot handle.


    Hey, I'm all for a bit of Responsible Speculation about Pre-BigBang conditions. But we can only discuss that in the ATM forum, not general science where the Scientific Method is standard.
    However, if you'd like to discuss some more equations, I'll be happy to write and discuss some more that I've been thinking about ....
    Last edited by BuleriaChk; 01-09-2014 at 04:32 PM.
    _______________________________________
    "Flamenco Chuck" Keyser
    The Relativistic Unit Circle Updates 03/02/2017 12:07 PM PST
    Proof of Fermat's Last Theorem Updates 03/19/2017 8:23 PM PST
    Ignore List -The Peanut Gallery.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •