Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Scientists Verify Anthropogenic Global Warming

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    2,766

    Default Scientists Verify Anthropogenic Global Warming

    And now, from the other side 98.3 % of peer-reviewed Climate scientists (very few of whom work for the Koch brothers..


    Climate Change (Google)

    Climate Change (Wikipedia)

    Scientific Opinion on Climate Change (Wikipedia)
    "No scientific body of national or international standing maintains a formal opinion dissenting from any of these main points. The last national or international scientific body to drop dissent was the American Association of Petroleum Geologists,[10] which in 2007[11] updated its statement to its current non-committal position.[12] Some other organizations, primarily those focusing on geology, also hold non-committal positions"

    Arctic Sea Ice (Huff Post Green)
    Hooray for China! (Huff Post Green)
    Last edited by BuleriaChk; 03-20-2015 at 10:50 AM.
    _______________________________________
    "Flamenco Chuck" Keyser
    The Relativistic Unit Circle 03/28/2017 07:40 AM PST
    Proof of Fermat's Last Theorem Updates 03/19/2017 8:23 PM PST
    Ignore List -The Peanut Gallery.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,951

    Default Re: Scientists Verify Anthropogenic Global Warming

    Too bad for your point that science isn't about opinion. It's about measured facts.

    THE FACTS

    Ice core measurements show tempretures and co2 concentration go up and down by small amounts all through time and have been going up for about 150 years by an amount no different from what they always have done and over a time period no different either.

    There are a huge number of inputs and reducers of co2. The inputs and reducers of co2 are known to be hugely variable. There are no measurements of the variations of all the inputs involved in co2 concentration and tempreture done in fine enough detail to distinguish the effect of any input as small, reletive to all other inputs as variable as they are, as human input co2.

    In answer to another issue you raised about computer models. The issue with them is easy to understand. Since all those variables are not being measured in fine detail for input to the computer they are simply made up as if they were measured. They're accurate to some degre based on some scientific theory governing them. But that's not the same as a measurement. That's what's meant when they are "tweeked". They start with a set of initial conditions of climate based on some date and tweek the made up inputs until the simulations give a result for some later date that maches the conditions at that date. But if you apply those same tweeks with a different starting date or ending date you don't get a match. It's a computerized method, a technobabble method, of pulling a result out of your hat. Naturally it matches the preordained conclusion.

    You can get as far into the weeds as you want about the opinions, political and economic reasons for them and pressures applied to force some scientists to agree with them.

    But science is about measurement not opinion. Entertainment is about opinion. Science may sometimes be entertaining but it's not about entertainment. In the present state of the art the basic measurements are so neglected that any opinion other than that the measurements have not been done in enough detail to reach a conclusion about human co2 input is scientificly worthless.
    Last edited by astrotech; 03-14-2015 at 12:25 AM.
    mugaliens likes this.
    Lies have the stench of death and defeat.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    2,766

    Default Re: Scientists Verify Anthropogenic Global Warming

    Quote Originally Posted by astrotech View Post
    Too bad for your point that science isn't about opinion. It's about measured facts.

    THE FACTS
    YOUR OPINION

    A 98.3 % of scientists in the peer-reviewed community that research facts and agree with AGW apparently get a different data set than the .7 percent that don'tt.

    Or they get the same data set, but 98.3% agree on the models, and .7% don't.

    In any case, it is your OPINION that the .7% are right and the 98.7% are wrong. It is also my OPINION that the peer-reviewed scientists are probably right. Even if only in their opinions....

    (That said, in my opinion Charles Koch and Jim Inhofe probably help perform the measurements for the .7% with a little help from god... And snowballs they make all by themselves...

    ================================================== =====
    Astrotech - you are still on my ignore list (I will remove you if you ask and I am convinced you will behave). I can republish it in my signature if you like. But until then, it is only common courtesy that you refrain from contributing to threads I initiate. And trust me, I will not contribute to any thread you initiate. Thank you.

    If you delete your post, I will delete this one...
    ================================================== =========
    Last edited by BuleriaChk; 03-14-2015 at 12:43 PM.
    _______________________________________
    "Flamenco Chuck" Keyser
    The Relativistic Unit Circle 03/28/2017 07:40 AM PST
    Proof of Fermat's Last Theorem Updates 03/19/2017 8:23 PM PST
    Ignore List -The Peanut Gallery.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,951

    Default Re: Scientists Verify Anthropogenic Global Warming

    Quote Originally Posted by BuleriaChk View Post
    YOUR OPINION
    Not my opinion. FACTS!!! The ice cores show what they show. The co2 variables are what they are. The human input is what it is. The measurements are what they are. They are not hard to find and if you did look them up you'd see that they don't support the opinion of that "98%" you so often use to support your position.

    You are clearly too ignorant to know the differance so too bad for you.

    If the owner of this site gives you the power to rule your threads then I'll discuss that with the owner. Till then you can snivle all you want about "common courtesy" for me not treating you as God in threads you start.

    You want to be God start a blog.
    Last edited by astrotech; 03-14-2015 at 01:20 PM.
    Lies have the stench of death and defeat.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    2,766

    Default Re: Scientists Verify Anthropogenic Global Warming

    Quote Originally Posted by astrotech View Post
    Not my opinion. FACTS!!! The ice cores show what they show. The co2 variables are what they are. The human input is what it is. The measurements are what they are. They are not hard to find and if you did look them up you'd see that they don't support the opinion of that "98%" you so often use to support your position.

    You are clearly too ignorant to know the differance so too bad for you.

    If the owner of this site gives you the power to rule your threads then I'll discuss that with the owner. Till then you can snivle all you want about "common courtesy" for me not treating you as God in threads you start.

    You want to be God start a blog.
    So you're a stupid asshole (but I already knew that). If the foo shits, wear it....
    It is good for humanity that there are only .7 % of you.
    That said, this is my last response to any of your pointless posts in my thread ...
    Last edited by BuleriaChk; 03-14-2015 at 03:37 PM.
    _______________________________________
    "Flamenco Chuck" Keyser
    The Relativistic Unit Circle 03/28/2017 07:40 AM PST
    Proof of Fermat's Last Theorem Updates 03/19/2017 8:23 PM PST
    Ignore List -The Peanut Gallery.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,951

    Default Re: Scientists Verify Anthropogenic Global Warming

    Quote Originally Posted by BuleriaChk View Post
    It is good for humanity that there are only .7 % of you.
    .
    Good for science that's enough. Good for humanity too.

    Quote Originally Posted by BuleriaChk View Post
    So you're a stupid asshole (but I already knew that). If the foo shits, wear it...
    .
    That's the expected response from the ignorant asshole who wants to be God. Good thing the job's taken because you're no good at it.

    Quote Originally Posted by BuleriaChk View Post
    That said, this is my last response to any of your pointless posts in my thread .. .
    Hah!!! Who'll take that bet?
    Lies have the stench of death and defeat.

  7. #7
    Senior Member mugaliens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    1,333

    Default Re: Scientists Verify Anthropogenic Global Warming

    Quote Originally Posted by BuleriaChk View Post
    That said, this is my last response to any of your pointless posts in my thread ...
    I see no point to respond to pointless threads. Science itself has already debunked AGW, as evidenced by the admission of the EPA chairwoman before Congress in an open hearing.

    You, along with the rest of the community are scrambling. So tell me, Chuck: When did you start working for the IPCC? Will you lose your retirement, or just your job?
    My oath of office never expires. "God, who gave us life, gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson. "I have far too long suffered fools. No longer will I tolerate the insufferable. Enjoy the vacuum." - Mugs

    PS: I scrambled my password, so no, I will not be responding. Get a clue.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,951

    Default Re: Scientists Verify Anthropogenic Global Warming

    Quote Originally Posted by mugaliens View Post
    When did you start working for the IPCC? Will you lose your retirement, or just your job?
    When did you start working for the oil companies? See how stupid that sounds? You say stupid things because you've been mislead by your right wing media. You use the same "talking points. Oh yes, I watch FOX news and Oreilly. But I don't live in a bubble where FOX and other right wing media is my only source of information.
    Lies have the stench of death and defeat.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    2,766

    Default Re: Scientists Verify Anthropogenic Global Warming

    _______________________________________
    "Flamenco Chuck" Keyser
    The Relativistic Unit Circle 03/28/2017 07:40 AM PST
    Proof of Fermat's Last Theorem Updates 03/19/2017 8:23 PM PST
    Ignore List -The Peanut Gallery.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,951

    Default Re: Scientists Verify Anthropogenic Global Warming

    Quote Originally Posted by BuleriaChk View Post
    Patently unreliable report. It says that this year is lower than the average of a decades long measure. It will never be the same as the average. It'll always be higher or lower. It says that it's lower now than the last nearest low 4 years ago. That means it's been higher for the last 3 years than it was 4 years ago and now. It goes up and down and there's nothng strange or compelling about it being lower now than a 10 year average.

    It's called cherry picking.

    Besides which even if it all melted this summer that doesn't prove human input co2 caused it. Post hoc ergo proptor hoc is a fallacy in reasoning.
    Last edited by astrotech; 03-20-2015 at 03:37 AM.
    mugaliens likes this.
    Lies have the stench of death and defeat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •