Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Where has everyone gone?

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    562

    Default Re: Where has everyone gone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason me View Post
    David i here u. I will try to get along but why are we throwing crap on the wall. Also who exactly is throwing the crap on the wall and why. People can get mad then let it go, but he will always think he is superior. I cant let that go. He cant put words in my mouth and be wrong about so much without showing proof. The tech industry is catching up. Show proof always or keep it in check ✔. All i ask. Also a moderator, if u have a opinion on an a opinion or hypothesis or theory u should not be the one to use your power. It becomes a dictatorship. Nuff said.
    You come with nothing but opinions, never a hypothesis nor a theory.

  2. #12
    Moderator Neverfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Utopia Planetia, Mars
    Posts
    1,779

    Default Re: Where has everyone gone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason me View Post
    David i here u. I will try to get along but why are we throwing crap on the wall. Also who exactly is throwing the crap on the wall and why. People can get mad then let it go, but he will always think he is superior. I cant let that go. He cant put words in my mouth and be wrong about so much without showing proof. The tech industry is catching up. Show proof always or keep it in check ✔. All i ask. Also a moderator, if u have a opinion on an a opinion or hypothesis or theory u should not be the one to use your power. It becomes a dictatorship. Nuff said.
    There is a lot here... The problem with this post is it's mostly entirely untrue in its accusations.
    Let's break this down.
    SCIENCE includes providing Supporting Evidence for Claims:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason me View Post
    I will try to get along but why are we throwing crap on the wall. Also who exactly is throwing the crap on the wall and why.
    The expression, "To throw shit on the wall and hope it sticks" means to literally throw a poor quality idea out into a problem and hope that the disgruntled parties merely accept it and get off your back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason me View Post
    People can get mad then let it go, but he will always think he is superior.
    This is an assumption. You immediately assign a Superiority Complex to the fact that I oppose the comments you make in your posts and provide rebuttals to them. Showing an error to a person does not mean that the person believes themselves superior.
    In fact, I do not think I am your superior nor do I think I am superior to you. I find your resistance to really examining these topics to be frustrating... that's true. But that doesn't make me superior or you inferior.
    There are probably many, many things you have superior knowledge about over me and could probably teach me some things. So far, we have not discussed those topics. I'm sure they are there, though. Now, having that superior knowledge over a different topic does not make you My Superior, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason me View Post
    He cant put words in my mouth
    I asked you to quote where I put words in your mouth and you refused to support that claim. It's just a claim and it is incorrect. Until you provide quotes showing that I did so, you may need to reconsider whether that really happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason me View Post
    and be wrong about so much without showing proof.
    Wrong about what? I have provided links, support and evidence. You claim I put words in your mouth or that I'm wrong, but you do not quote it, or show evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason me View Post
    Also a moderator, if u have a opinion on an a opinion or hypothesis or theory u should not be the one to use your power. It becomes a dictatorship.
    Have you ever been banned here? Threatened with a ban? ANYTHING? I think you fear abuse of power and you are right to do so. On that I applaud your resistance to fearing the authoritarianism. It is a good thing because me or anyone else is human and are fallible. It can keep us in check.
    But be honest, too. Your statement implies that these abuses are an ongoing problem. Do you believe that is the case?
    --Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges--
    “Science needs the light of free expression to flourish. It depends on the fearless questioning of authority, and the open exchange of ideas.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

    "When photons interact with electrons, they are interacting with the charge around a "bare" mass, and thus the interaction is electromagnetic, hence light. This light slows the photon down." - BuleriaChk

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    384

    Default Re: Where has everyone gone?

    Quote Originally Posted by David Hawkins View Post
    Off to write their new theorems I suppose. . . . .
    Actually Google and Firefox had this site listed as a spamserver for a while. About the time I figured a way around that, internet went out on post and then my power supply fried. I am just now getting back to normal.
    --
    // 73s; LLAP
    // KG4PAE

  4. #14
    Moderator Neverfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Utopia Planetia, Mars
    Posts
    1,779

    Default Re: Where has everyone gone?

    Quote Originally Posted by kg4pae View Post
    Actually Google and Firefox had this site listed as a spamserver for a while.
    Sadly, it still does. The site WAS hacked, but is not currently dishing out any spam. But in order to lift the Blacklisting on Google search and Firefox, An ADMIN needs to verify the account. Until that happens, we will keep seeing that Spam Warning.
    --Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges--
    “Science needs the light of free expression to flourish. It depends on the fearless questioning of authority, and the open exchange of ideas.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

    "When photons interact with electrons, they are interacting with the charge around a "bare" mass, and thus the interaction is electromagnetic, hence light. This light slows the photon down." - BuleriaChk

  5. #15
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    807

    Default Re: Where has everyone gone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Sadly, it still does. The site WAS hacked, but is not currently dishing out any spam. But in order to lift the Blacklisting on Google search and Firefox, An ADMIN needs to verify the account. Until that happens, we will keep seeing that Spam Warning.
    If you manage to contact Tom it might be worth asking if you can have Admin access so things like this can be sorted asap, else the site will end up the wrong side of the event horizon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •